Thursday, September 13, 2007

Starbucks has kidnapped my brain & sanity

So i'm 100% stuck. To be honest and get to the point, i hate my job. There was a time when i once loved working for Starbucks : i loved the culture of it, i loved those rainy days serving people coffee and laughing with my coworkers over our lives. I built so many great friendships when i use to live in Glendale at my old store, and it was an amazing job. Now, i've been with the company for 5+ years and i am struggling to stay sane. I'm not happy when i come home, sometimes i'm ready to cry because i'm sick of listening to people complaining about their lives and me holding most of the weight on my shifts. I feel bad for all the times Kevin has had to listen to me complaining and being upset.

But here's my problem and where I'm stuck and sucked in. I've been with the company for a LONG time, which means i'm getting paid pretty well for being only a shift lead. I get full time benefits for only working part time. I get stock. I get tips. I get amazing hours and the flexibility is amazing, i'm in control of it all. So how do i leave? I know once Kevin and I get married i can be put onto his benefits if i need to..... but that's not till next summer. I just am to comfortable and don't know how to leave. I guess this is the downside of being with a company so long , i'm to comfortable and am scared of having to go through the process of interviews and such again. But also, i can't find another part time job that will pay me decently and give me the hours i want ( since i'm at school currently).

I wish i would have gotten out of working for Starbucks a long time ago. I wouldn't be stuck in the vortex that i am now. Hm...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, you can find another job. i had TWO jobs when i worked for starbucks, remember? and i would've kept doing the tutoring thing if i still lived back home.
it's hard to find a place that will accommodate a school schedule with benefits, but you can find something. you just gotta put yourself out there. it's impossible that starbucks is the ONLY place, you know?
you can do it! do it for yourself!!! :)
i loveeee you, christie!!