Sunday, September 30, 2007

Feeling Accomplished!

I've definitely been in a great mood lately :) I've been working only weekdays ( for some reason my manager has felt the need to give me weekends off... who am i to complain!) and school is tough, but it's so much nicer taking classes that i actually am interested in, rather than those wonderful GE requirements we all have to take.

My Linguistics is a killer.... it's a lot of reading but it's interesting learning how infants learn their language skills and how ESL speakers deal with their issues of speech. I had my first " I really am in college now" experience too! My Comic Spirit teacher decided to bring his Rum bottle to class last Thursday and take a swig of it while teaching. Now mind you... that probably is 100% wrong and i'm sure the Faculty wouldn't be happy if they knew, but it was HILARIOUS. It got me to wake up and listen... which is always a plus. My other classes are okay, just a lot of short story reading and comparing ideas. I'm reading about 3 hours a day of homework. The life of an English Major. ( Sorry Harry Potter, your going to be ignored for a very long time until i decide to like books again)

I went out with one of my bridesmaids ( Amanda!) on Sat. and we went bridesmaid dress shopping :) I've been stressing myself out to much by looking at things online : i've been filling my brain with to many ideas and i've become overwhelmed. But once we went into a store, 5 dresses later I picked one. I've learned i need to just go look at things and quit researching as much as I have been. The dresses are gorgeous and i'm excited to see all of my girls in them looking amazing ! Only 9 more months to go till the wedding.... now onto save the dates, finding a DJ, an Officiant, and a florist. Any recommendations?

No comments: