Sunday, January 6, 2008

Holiday Cheers bring on Holiday Colds

Once again, after all the fun of the holidays, I am sick. I apologize for no posts in the last few weeks, but they sure have been rough ones. I think i cursed myself by making a post about being happy and anxiety free a while back, because almost three weeks ago i was hit really hard with bad anxiety and insomnia. Fun! After struggling through those mentally hard times, i've learned how to have faith that I can and will become better once again, i just need to trust in things happening over time. Kevin has been a huge help also .... staying up late with me while I paced and being supportive, while also trying to crack me up with humor. So after all that " exciting" stuff..... i've now been hit with the flu massively! I haven't been this sick in a long time, and about 5 other coworkers are currently sick too...... calling out or being at work and spreading the joy of the flu. Unfortunately it's very hard for me to call out because i'm a Shift Lead, and there are very few others that could help take over my shift since they all have either worked that same day or have to many other hours. So yes, being sick and working around food and drinks = not a good idea. But i can't just leave them stranded either while we are changing management over and have no real support.

Kevin and I had some good times during the holidays though :) Even though i wasn't feeling well, we did a lot. Christmas morning we went over to Kevin's parents home and had our first Christmas with the nephew Sean :) He is to cute.... he is only almost 1 so he couldn't really comprehend all these presents he was receiving, but it was still just fun to give them to him. After that we went home, and Kevin's parents then came over Christmas night to have some dinner at our apartment; some nice classic taco salad!

A few days after Christmas, the apartment below us and to the right caught on fire. I got the emergency phone call from Kevin while I was at work to hurry home. I did, and to make a long story short everything ended up being okay. The man had left his stove on and left his apartment, therefore causing an electrical fire that had our stove even smoking from behind. We are now looking into renters insurance because that scared the crap out of us, not a fun thing to go through....

The next day Kevin, my brother and I drove to AZ to go be with my mom and stepfather and celebrate a late christmas there. We had a fun four days there with opening presents, playing new Wii games ( harry potter and mario galaxy) and having an outdoor block party bonfire. After our long drive home, we had new years to celebrate! We went to my friend ( and bridesmaid!) Pam's home in Pasadena to have some drinks and watch t.v. and relax. We were going to spend the night and then walk down to the Rose Parade the next morning, but around 2:30 AM my anxiety started to kick up and I trusted my instincts and told Kev we needed to go home, which he was fine with and supportive of.

So even though there was stress here and there, and i'm now sick, it was a good holiday time after all, and i'm ready to start this new year :) It's the year of the wedding! yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a hectic weekend for sure (good and bad). I didn't know you got Mario Galaxy. Where are you at in the game and do you like it? I got it for Christmas and enjoy it a lot. It's a tad easy though.

http://alberico.net said...

Being sick sucks! I sure sympathize with you on that! I don't usually get sick... however since Halloween I have been sick on and off. The last few weeks I have finally been well! Hope you get better soon!!

I highly recommend renter's insurance and depending on your insurance company it's usually super cheap for a decent amount of coverage and often can lower your other policies.

Also, look into getting a fire safe / box to put your important documents. They are pretty cheap (costco always seems to have them) and it's better than having no protection.