Thursday, January 17, 2008

Updates from here... and there.....

Hi everyone :) So after finally recovering from the flu, I'm back in action and trying to enjoy my last week and a half before school starts. I'm so not looking forward to school ... why you might ask? Because I am taking the most insane classes ever: English Grammar, Shakespeare, Theory of Fiction and Film, and Survey of English Literature. Each one of these classes seems interesting and challenging, but all together: I'm going to go insane! So wish me luck :)

So Kev and I did our taste testing for the wedding! It ended up being pretty fun; it was about 60 other couples who were going to be married at the same location, and we all were sat at tables for two to enjoy our food. We helped ourselves to appetizers, had waiters pass appetizers around, then we helped ourselves to the main courses and the chocolate fountain for dessert. We found some things we really liked, and some we really didn't. The things we were looking the most forward to ended up being disappointments... but we were really happy with an herb stuffed chicken and the prime rib. We also fell in love with the baked potatoes, grilled vegetables and rosemary grilled potatoes. I tried coconut shrimp for the first time too.. and was amazed! So we have some fun choice to make coming up.... but whatever the dinners will end up being, they'll be good :) I'm hungry for them now.....

I've also been busy doing more stuff for my mom's business. We ended up putting her stuff up onto a website called Etsy. It's like an ebay for people who make their own products and would like to sell them. Her storefront is here if you would like to check it out. It's been fun, and it's a good way to put her business out there and get tips from other people like her and how to sell stuff, get the word out, etc. I've also made her a blog, which she wanted to get into. So if your still bored enough you can check that out here. She just needs to learn the lingo of blogs and such now :) Which will be funny to watch....

And on the wedding note, the bridesmaid dresses are in! I'm thrilled and want to go look at them now.... but that would be ridiculous and i'll have to wait till i get a bridesmaid with me, haha. I also ordered my wedding shoes...... i got them online though, so i'm crossing my fingers they look as good as they did online. And did i mention they were on clearance for $14.99 ?! SCORE! It was fun, the other day i went shopping with my friend Amanda who is also getting married this summer, and we went shopping for bridesmaid dresses for her wedding :) It was fun, we picked the dresses ( which are totally cute) and had our normal lunch at Super Mex. Tis the season for weddings! ( and stress? lol)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet!! The dresses are in!!!! :o) That is very exciting! Can't wait to put it on. Now I need to get shoes! hehe